Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Do you still pray about me in your quiet time?

The past two nights have been pretty damn fantastic. On Monday, I went to Blackstar/Silverado area with some folks to watch the meteor shower. Fucking gorgeous. I saw quite a few and I'd almost forgotten how amazing it is to really SEE stars and not just have to suppose that they're there. Swell times.

Last night, though, was beyond amazing. Eric asked me that morning if I would like to come to Joshua Tree with him and some folks, which was nice because usually I feel odd, and so I went with Charles at about 10ish pm and then we joined with MoreDillon's car and drove the rest of the way. Got there around 12:30/1 am and fell in love with the sky. I gasped and nearly fell over the first time I looked up. It was just plain goddamned perfect. We met up with a whole bunch of other people, drank, talked a bunch, and watched meteors. I saw maybe 20 or 25 of them, it was incredible. There were ones that crossed over one another and then two that chased each other in a sweet way. It was so beautiful.

We stayed until 5/5:30 that morning til just prior to the sun coming up, then drove back. Talked to Dillon in the car while Charles and Whitney slept in the back, ate cupcakes, freaked out over a moth being in the car, and listened to insanely feel good music thanks to Mr. Morris. Then Charles and I switched into his car and I accidentally fell asleep about ten minutes from home. The second I got back to the house around 8:45, I crawled into Heidi's bed (mine was covered in laundry and stuff I should've taken care of yesterday) and slept for a few hours, then proceeded to go to class the rest of the day.

Worth it? Definitely.

Once upon a time in the...

A lot of people. I'm kind of in the middle in betweenDillon and Nate, with Nate's giant parka thing on me.

Campfire huddling.

BEANS! (Ew.)

MoreDriving

A gorgeous photo from Dillon's phone from when the sun came up.



I always look so upset in candid photos. No clue why.

No comments:

Post a Comment