Monday, October 4, 2010

I'm not alone

I suppose this might be more of an east coast thing, but you know those mornings you wake up and you just know that it's a different season finally? It's October 4th today, and I woke up and it truly feels like fall. It's raining, but I think it would feel autumn-like anyways. I can see the rain dripping off the overhang outside my window onto the slightly-browner-than-lime-green leaves and it looks so wonderful; I feel like Halloween is coming. My birthday is the 29th...I'll be 21-years-old in 3 1/2 weeks. Finally, right?

I feel like listening to "The Christmas Song" by the Raveonettes whenever I'm really, really enamored by another person; is that odd?

It's one of those days when I can remember Christmas mornings past so vividly. The colored glass vases on my grandmother's dining room window sills that seem to show up in so many of my dreams despite spending very little time in that room, the anticipation glowing on all of our faces (and, getting older, the act of pretending to not be so eager) for the passing out of presents, the way my grandfather always makes this amazing hot fudge syrup with the perfect consistency when we sneakily make ourselves sundaes...These are the sorts of things I can't let go.

So, since I last updated...
  • I believe I last wrote on August 24th or so, which was literally the day before Eric and I decided to get back together. He met my father and they got along well, which was lovely. My dad really liked Eric and Gina, and he had a great time here in California. He took Gina and I to Rodeo Drive & the Beverly Center, and we explored/shopped/took photos. :) It was so nice to have him out here; it's super rare that anyone from home can visit me.
  • Eric and I went camping in Santa Barbara and we drove my car, which was swell (as in: he drove it on the freeway...not myself, pfffft). It was gorgeous and we were lucky enough that Whitney's dad let us use their private beach to camp on. Got drunk on Malibu and woke up to the ocean.
  • I saw Major Lazer at the Avalon with Rocco, Sun, Abe, and CK. Bryan, Cam, and Chad were there, too, and it was amaaaazing. Ugh god. So much dancing and happytimes, but my head pounded for like 6 hours afterwards. Throbbed. Totally worth it.
  • I've actually been going to most of my classes AND doing my work. Wut.
  • Eric left for Kentucky around Sept. 12th. I've been seriously bummed, but he comes back in like a week and a half, so I'm getting quite excited. I've got plans for surprises...
  • Livvy took me, Gina, and Katarina to Muse! It was such a sweet early birthday present, I lub her. <3
  • Cam came back and visited and we went to the Mad Men party with Josie, Pascal, Katie, Jizzy Schwartz, etc. It was a great theme and everyone looked amazing. Well, almost everyone.
  • It's been raining for a few hours now. How different and beautiful. I am afraid of CA drivers in the rain, though; it would appear most do not expect it nor understand how to drive in it. I may suck as a driver but in my brief experience, I've probably driven in the rain more than almost any of my friends just because I lived in Syracuse and it rains like every other day there.
  • I need to go to the bank. And drop 5 lb.


Dad!


Gina and I on Rodeo

Dad, myself, and Gina nom-nomming


Bryan, Gina, Greg, Matty, myself, Mikey, and Steph the day before classes started (for like 40% of us, haha)

Eric & I at an art "show" that I won't comment on because if you can't say something nice...


Eric and I went to Santa Barbara to go camping. It was gorgeous.

Speaking of "gorgeous," I make lovely faces...












At Bryan's; trying on his DP helmets.

...Until I got attacked.


Abiel and Sun right after Major Lazer. This is exactly what my vision felt like for the next few hours.


:(


Jeanie Jean and I went to a little concert for some friends @ USC a few weeks ago. This = Fuzz, and my favorite photo my cell managed to take that night. :)


Bianca and I! <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs005.snc4/33617_475626096281_698406281_7260904_5298688_n.jpg">Seeing Muse with Katarina, Livvy, and Gina at the Staples Center. :)


Ladieeeees right before the Mad Men party. :)


Classy, Sam.

I like this picture because (1)it was not posed, I really was giving him a livid-look (2)I look skinny. Yeah, I'm that vain.



Hello, fellahs.

And ladies again!


Pascal and Josie made some amazing dinner the other night. Considering I can't cook for shit, it's extra lucky that we have friends who are damn good at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment