Monday, May 24, 2010

Heaven is a good apartment with answers.

Hypothetically, there's such a thing as an afterlife. If it were ideal, I would hope it would be whatever each individual person's would want to live like forever, or perhaps a series of vacations that never end until you want them to. My own person slice:
  • Finding out all the great mysteries I've never understood. Finding out what UVB-76 really is, or what undiscovered creatures are in the depths of the ocean, or understanding the Voynich Manuscript. I can think of few things more exciting and enthralling than searching for answers on adventures and being able to find them.
  • Having a fucking awesome house in the country with tons of animals--but because it's the afterlife, the animals just want to be cuddled and run around and hang out with each other. There is no shoo-shoo in the afterlife.
  • I would never need to look up songs; just automatically have the title and artist in my head.
  • My hair would really be like Tonks' and would just change whenever I wanted it to.
  • Everyone I love would be around some of the time.
  • My other apartment in the city--there are huge non-polluted cities in my "heaven"--would be bomb. It would be full of the amazing and ridiculously priced things in Sky Mall and there'd be no extra charge for pets and my grandparents would visit all the time.

Speaking of bomb apartments, my apartment next year should be pretty bomb. My house from this year that I shared with Rae, Heidi, and Anna was pretty rad (pool + lots of trees), but the Aspens is so lovely. Things I dig about my apartment:
  • First of all, the whole thing looks like a hobbit town.
  • It's gated, meaning I won't be nearly as paranoid as usual.
  • Fitness center that runs 5am to 10pm.
  • Living with Gina and Julia, both of whom are fantastic.
  • Quite a damn bit cheaper than Glad House.
  • 2 swimming pools that are both heated, yesss.
  • Spa!
  • Tennis courts!
  • Balconies are awesome.
  • Air conditioning/heat.
  • Our gas bill is paid for by them.
  • Lots of people I dig are living there next year (Rae, Rocco, Bryan, Heidi, etc.)
Disadvantages:
  • We'd have to rent a refrigerator.
  • They don't have 3 bedroom apartments so Julia is taking the living room, which makes me feel bad for her :( But we'll fix it up mega snazzy and make sure there's lots of privacy for her.
  • Parking sucks.
  • Lots of people from Chapman live in the Aspens that I don't like, as well.
  • It's probably too small to have rage parties, bummerrrr.


    This is where I get to live!

I've been in NY since Saturday and now it's Monday. I need to go hiking or something. Maybe organize my makeup.

Ever look back on your adolescent/young adult experience and think how abnormal yours was? Maybe mine wasn't crazy abnormal, but if I keep comparing myself with other people, I'll probably go crazier than I already am.

No comments:

Post a Comment