Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Repeatedly told you aint a fairy, you just a bitch

Christmas was...complicated, as it always is. We went to New Jersey a day late, my dad got upset and didn't really talk to any of us for 4+ days (especially not me) including Christmas Eve + Christmas Day, aaand it's been fuccking freezing. On the bright side, however, I have gotten to hang out with the people here that matter most to me and that's really, really lovely. My parents also got us each an ipod touch, which was really nice of them and I've been fairly obsessed with the device since we opened presents a few nights ago (i.e. Monday the 27th, because as I said, my dad got upset and didn't want to celebrate Christmas for a few days, haha). Whatever, I wasn't impatient; presents are unnecessary and I've told them hundreds of times that if they didn't get any of us anything for our birthdays or Christmas, I'd be totally satisfied with just having a calm, collected, stress-free, yelling-free, tear-free, nice holiday. Totally satisfied. Aaand yet...

In any case, though, it was very nice of them. I played the part of Santa this year and stuffed everybody's stockings with special candies and little gizmos, and got each person a few different presents. For my mother, I gave a book (The Awakening), some Japanese and Korean candies, big cushy slippers, a cute dog movie, and shea-infused socks. For my dad, I got a Dinosaur BBQ kit (he loves his grill for like 50% of the year even when it's quite chilly), a movie, Bailey's chocolates, and chocolate covered Godiva strawberries. I gave Mateo a white chocolate (fair trade!) fancy candy bar, a pair of warm gloves, some other candy, and I think something else but it's totally slipping my mind right now... Aaand for Brian, I got the same fair trade chocolate bar but dark chocolate with berries, other candy, a collection of Sibelius symphonies, and something else...again, slipping my damn mind.

ANYWAYS, in addition to getting some lovely gifts, I also got a fucking cold. Sweet. New Year's Eve has always been a time where I'm sick or something, and this year is no different. At least I didn't have a tonsillectomy this time, I s'pose...though I could stand to lose the weight. I'm going to NYC, which should be super fun, though. Bryan and Ryan are going to be in town, so perhaps I'll see them, as well.

In any case, interterm starts on Monday. Cam picks me up from the airport around noon (if I'm lucky with the weather...), then I ruuun to my 1 o'clock interterm class, get out around 4:30, and then I think we shall have some cute dinnercat time. I want to have a whole buncha folks have a little mini-post-break-reunion at Roscoe's on Wednesday or Thursday, too...who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment