Monday, April 6, 2009

I sail on.

Today's an exceptionally beautiful day and I will not waste it with my blinds closed.

Last night, I hung out at Nathan's with him and Rosa and we watched Twin Peaks. One of my favorite shows ever that I actually still haven't finished. Lots of junk food; delicious and guilt-giving, but whatevah. I fell asleep there, got home around eleven today, and realized I'm quite ill. Maybe I have what Eric has, though he seems to be considerably more ill than I. But I am really sore in the throat, my sinuses have been giving me hell for over two weeks anyways and now they're really bad, my nose is runny, and I'm sore all over. I'm still going up to northern California tomorrow, though. I have to. I am not spending spring break in bed.

I got a call from David last night. I'm going up to Santa Cruz tomorrow (hopefully) with Mike, then meeting up with Heidi for a day or two. Then, David and I are going to explore around there again (we explored norcal last November for Thanksgiving break). Maybe camp in Yosemite. I want to see trees that are thousands of years old and sleep where I can feel like Tycho Brahe once more. I want to see the faithful couple trees. I want to not wear makeup. I want to write about more than people. I want to kiss leaves and go to sleep.

I took a walk with Rosa at about one and we went to Bagel Me in the circle. It was super hot (around 81, I believe) and I got a little sick by the time we finished eating. Some woman in a dress suit told me to give her my leftovers (which I had in a take-home box and was pretty clearly not going to throw away). I couldn't hear her at first because she whispered it twice and she glared at me on the third time of saying it. I told her I was bringing them home and she said, "Are you serious?" Rosa and I left and she started following us. Fucking weird. Eventually, we went into a store and tried to hide out a bit, then came out a few minutes later and she was still down the street, staring at us. Weird.

So, now I'm here, writing and sleeping on and off. Some people think you need to be outside to enjoy a beautiful day but I don't think that's true at all. I love being sleepy during beautiful days, cleaning occasionally and making cookies, writing infront of my window and listening to lengthy playlists. I was outside earlier; it was wonderful but so warm. I'm enjoying the sunny entropy.


This is me without makeup (and obviously, severely edited - original here).


My new dress :) It was $20 at Urban Outfitters. Shit's too expensive.


O hai.

2 comments: