Friday, August 28, 2009

Your mind makes me nervous.

For some odd reason, I've been neglecting this lately. I know a few people say that they read it, but tbh, it doesn't really matter because I tend to just release literate-matter into the webesphere for no particular reason regardless of the website.

The past 2 1/2 weeks of my life, in short:
  • Stayed at Jean's for a short while while Glad House got all snazzied up.
  • Jean turned 21, had a damn classy party, I saw lots of good folks, got a little tipsy, and had a good time.
  • Moved into Glad House! Didn't have running water for two days nor internet for a week, but shit's SICK now. The house looks incredible and seriously, the weather has been 106 this past week so all we do during the day is fucking swim and eat ice cream/gelato/go to Trader Joe's.
  • I met Heidi's parents (they helped her move in) although I'd already met her mom when I went up to Santa Cruz for spring break. Super nice folks and her room is sick.
  • Hung out with Mike Parvizayyy a fair amount because he moved in pretty much down the street. We've had some wine, all gotten a bit tipsy, and life's good.
  • Monday (Anna's birthday) night, we had a party. I would estimate 20-30 people were there and it was extreeemely fun. Saw lots of old faces that I hadn't seen in a minute, so it was really nice. Anna, Heidi, Nate, and I went to Ihop at something like 4 AM and I ate quite a bit o' bacon. We went back to the house and the girls went to bed. I ended up staying up and eventually, Nathan and I went swimming at like 6 in the morning. Quite cold, but fun nonetheless.
  • Went to Low End Theory last night with Eric and a few other people. It was fucking great, to say the least, and Gaslamp & Edit = just awesome. So stellar, I was beaming the whole damn time. I now am in possession of a membership card, and certainly plan on going quite a damn bit. I believe Heidi and I are planning on going next week, actually...
  • Though the night was more eventful, all I did ALL day yesterday before going to Low End was listen to jazz music loudly while swimming and smoking in the pool wearing my old-school (not of purpose; I just hate bikinis) bathing suit, bright red lips, twirled-hair, and sunglasses. I did this twice. It was awesome each time. I watched the sun set from my porch while hearing "Georgie on my Mind" as performed by Louis Armstrong. It was such a nice fucking day.
  • My ears are at 1/2"! Only a few more millimeters in diameter and I've reached my goal size (5/8")! I have a fairly large collection (by my standards, though I've seen so many people have infinitely larger ones) as of now that continues to steadily grow.
  • Adam and I went to dinner tonight and we went to Buca di Beppo and had pizza with fucking bacon on it. This is why I'm fat and this is also why I'm goddamned happy: bacon.
  • Decided I'm going to DEFINITELY go to Nocturnal Wonderland. Seriously. Shit has an amazing lineup, particularly the dubstep stage (the Queen's stage or something along those lines) because both Rusko and Benga will be there. Rusko, whom I seem to listen to in large doses judging by my Last FM, and Benga who I more recently started absolutely loving. I'm thrilled. Heidi and I are going out to a ticket outlet and buying tickets tomorrow.
  • Speaking of tomorrow, Rae left her car here while she's in Oregon (she's been there since yesterday) and said she wouldn't care if we drive it. So! Heidi and I are going shopping in Costa Mesa tomorrow (to Buffalo Exchange, UO, etc.), Fashion Island or Southcoast Plaza if possible, Trader Joe's, a ticket outlet for NW, and perhaps some other places. Stoked.
  • Oh oh, saw Inglourious Basterds and District 9. Loved them both. Whenever people complain about IB being really long, I can't really relate because I barely even realized it was lengthy til the last few minutes when I started getting antsy. The fact that they kill Hitler? (Sorry if that's a spoiler, but fuck, you should've already seen the movie.) Amazing. Loved the actors, loved the writing, loved the story. District 9 was sick, in my opinion, and I loved watching it...the storyline wasn't exactly what I imagined and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Some pictures as of late:

David took me to Calico up by Barstow. I am in love with the mountains.


:)


My b00bz apparently grew over the summer. Wut.


Me, Anna, and Jean pre-Jean's 21st.


This was maybe 5% of the alcohol we got that day. Oof. I believe there are still about four bottles left of wine.


The pool pre-pool guy cleaning it and pre-chairs/tables/umbrellas we put out there.


Half inch earsies :D


Greg and I bein' fly :P


Jean and folks semi-posing. :P


Mike, Jessica, & Matt being precious.


Jessica, a girl whose name is fleeting me now :(, me, and Heidi. :D

Now, it is 5:07 and I do believe I should sleep considering we have a bit of a day tomorrow and it'll undoubtedly be fucking 106 degrees or some ungodly temperature. Plus, there's a party @ Sic & Shaf tomorrow (technically tonight, I s'pose) so I may go to that. And drinking = requires some rest beforehand.

Hope you're all well. Stay swell.
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment