Sunday, October 11, 2009

Creases

From birth, we learn that it is nice to be held. Humans are meant to be held, in my opinion. So therefore, more importantly than being held, it is our duty to hold. Not constrain or squeeze-to-tightly or capture, but to embrace. Mutually, lovingly, happily. Supporting, calming. I probably believe all of this because I, myself, love to hold whether it's my best friend, my mother, or my dog Cinnamon. I do not comprehend a world without hands cupping or interlaced, bodies intertwined and interlocked. Of course, I know this is not applicable to everyone, but damnit,

I remember in the third grade, our teacher Miss Mann was going over the concept of probability. For an example of "impossible," she stated something along the lines of flying. I questioned this in my head; why couldn't we fly? She went on to state an example of something that was "possible," and I had no qualms with that one. She then continued onwards to use the sun rising as an example of something being "certain." I distinctly remember being discontent with this. I did not believe that the sun rising should be taken as a certainty. I recall being very confused and a bit upset over the idea that people believe tomorrow is a given. In general, I was dissatisfied with anything being considered "definite," whether it was regarded as "impossible" or "certain." Possibility is the only thing I can believe in, in regards to probability.

I've listened to "Breakfast In Bed" by Dntel (with Conor Oberst singing) about 30 times now. The weird, rewinding background is the only thing that makes sense to hear. Isn't it scary how, sometimes, songs are so applicable and they just walk into your life at the right moment? I hadn't heard this one in more than a year, I believe, but Zak put it on about a week ago and it sang the four of us us (Heidi, me, Kristi, and him) to sleep. Rewind, start, stop again, go back, play it over.

This week's been marvelously busy. On Wednesday, Heidi and I went with Cam, Bryan, and Bobby to "Passing On"'s screening along with four other films at the Director's Guild Theater. It was amazing and super fun. I love dressing up, so that was an automatic fun time, but the group of people that worked on that movie and the night, in general = all so fun. Later that evening, we went to the nicest restaurant I've been to practically ever, some sushi place called Satsuya in LA, and Bryan ordered our table about 10 trays of sushi. Insane/incredible. After that, we all ventured to Low End Theory, met up with Eric and some folks, and got to see the last hour or so of it. I stayed in LA that night and rode the train up the next day; unfortunately, the women sitting next to me on the train were fucking absurdly obnoxious and bitched the whole way. I must remember headphones next time.

Also, my hair's now blue again. I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment