Friday, February 6, 2009

Shut In

Two days ago, at about 11pm on Wednesday night, I got horribly, violently ill. David and I were at Joey and Tyler's house with a few other people, watching Planet Earth, and I suddenly got nauseous. So he brought me back to his apartment (our bathroom doesn't work in my dormroom, unfortunately) and I fell asleep for a little while, woke up at about 12:30, and threw up. This proceeded to happen all night every hour or half-hour until my stomach was just ringing itself out and there was absolutely nothing left. I was clammy as hell and a few hours later, had a bad fever. Every time I drank water, I threw up. Every time I stood up, I fell down or almost fell down. It was definitely one of the sickest 24 hour periods I've ever felt, though I'm still feeling pretty weak now.

I haven't left David's apartment since about midnight that night when I got sick. I just haven't felt well enough to walk outside, really. And when I stay somewhere for a little while, I automatically start getting anxiety about leaving. After my tonsillectomy, I couldn't leave the house for about a week straight (then Manda and I got our ears re-pierced, and then I didn't leave the house again for yet another week), and I got super anxious about going places. The most "outside" thing I did was open my window. After Hard Fest, when I took the bad pills and got super sick from those, I stayed at David's for a few days because I was too upset and sickened to be alone, and then I got anxious about leaving, too. I've always had some anxiety but when I get in the habit of staying inside, I just don't want to go back out and I get hyperanxious.

I love my classes this semester so it sucks that I had to miss two yesterday and one today due to being so ill. But I'll definitely be willing to go to them so it's not like I'll avoid them like the plague (ahem, Music Theory), and these absences won't matter in the long run. I love school now that I'm actually choosing what I want to learn as opposed to high school where most of it was completely irrelevent, and even some the classes I enjoyed weren't exactly taught well. The most I learned was from Mr. O'Brien (Creative Writing and Irish Literature) and Dr. Wozniak (history in 10th grade). Fantastic teachers, seriously.

I s'pose I'm going to go get some gingerale from the fridge and fall back asleep.

1 comment: