Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This is how I see you looking at me. This is not a love song.

I have been writing so much lately, but I am almost too ________ to be accurate. Everything's shifting and I am watching it from the outside again (see the entry prior to this). I keep forgetting what I look like. I think I have Synesthesia which sounds grand and all, but it literally aches sometimes. I see too much at night to get rest. My eyes are bruised-looking all of the time from lack of sleep. I am bruised all of the time from lack of balance.

"Then I wept
with my face in your night shirt,
trying hard as hell to say
"until death separates us."
...
You know my build.
You know my size.
The degree to which my eyes
are astigmatic."

This is not a love song.

I had a great Valentine's Day. David and I went to Norm's, then San Clemente where we walked on the pier and beach (it looked like this the entire time), and then went out to dinner at Hooter's. AWESOME, delicious, and really fun. We saw Friday the 13th because we knew we'd hate it and could just kid around and have a good time. We were supposed to hang out with James and Jessie after but...nope. I won't elaborate; I'll go on negative tangents and I'd rather not do that upon the interwebs at the moment.

I've been hanging out with Regina a lot lately, as well as Kelsey and Heidi. Sweet deal, they're really nice people and this semester has been really fun so far. Last Wednesday, I hung out with Dillon and he mentioned Nathan's set possibly needing help with makeup. I ended up working as assistant makeup on his senior thesis last weekend. The film was called "The Time Traveler," it was shot in black and white, it was super fun, and I am really excited to see it all done. I was also in the Vagina Monologues (which went pretty wonderfully), so everything was crazy busy. I met a kid at a party who's shooting his AP the first two weekends of March, and I'm doing makeup for it! I'm super stoked. I love getting more experience and I love watching people do all the work that goes into making these projects.

I'm exhausted, though. I haven't gotten much sleep lately and I think it shows; my face looks so pale constantly. I am trying to distract myself with writing but considering how often I think about being worn out, I'm not doing a very good job.

I hung out with Chris Monday night as well as last night. He took my picture on film Monday evening and it was really nice. I took his photo on his digital camera just for fun and I want to see those ones; even though I blow at photography (seriously, hardcore bad), I still like to see pictures of people that I've clicked the little button for. Last night, he organized letters and I wrote a poem about myself in second person.

Lately:
Valentine's Day




Film set


Goofy.



Recent parties


MPH reunions in California, what?!





Hanging out with Olivia and doing our hair



My ears are now a 2g


Makeup for Theatrical Makeup


I can't believe I used to do my makeup like this every day.

Vanity



How obvious is it that I've been oddly obsessed with making my pictures near unrecognizably me?

No comments:

Post a Comment