Friday, September 25, 2009

Hearts on Spires

I got super ill this week and fainted once, then almost did again after deciding it was a good idea to go to class anyways. I have to get some tests done but I really don't want to; I'm sick of doctors, sick of tests, sick of results where they just say, "Well, we're not really sure!" and then continue to do more tests. Yadda yadda, I get it. Admittedly, I am lucky that our insurance at least somewhat covers this, so don't think I'm not grateful. I'm just tired of them, that's all.

On a brighter note, BeezyTalk has been going well! We were twice an example of how to spread the word about your radio show, haha, which was lovely because we certainly have put in a ton of effort into advertising, deciding the best track orders, etc. Our playlist the first week was something along these lines (though the order isn't correct at all because I didn't save it):
  1. Adam Sky vs. Mark Stewart (Crookers remix) - We Are All Prostitutes
  2. Chase & Status - Eastern Jam
  3. Elvis Presley - A Little Less Conversation
  4. Bob Dylan - The Times They Are A-Changin'
  5. Themselves and WHY? - Canada
  6. Death From Above 1979 - Blood In Our Hands (Justice remix)
  7. Beatles - Across the Universe
  8. Crookers - Love to Edit
  9. Platters - Unchained Melody (in honor of Patrick Swayze!)
  10. Kid Sister - Pro Nails (Rusko remix)
  11. Frank Sinatra - I've Got the World On a String
  12. Santogold - Creator
  13. cLOUDDEAD - Jimmy Breeze Side A
  14. Benga - Night
  15. Louis Armstrong - Jeepers Creepers
  16. Imogen Heap - Hide & Seek (Enigma remix)
  17. Rusko - V and HipHop
This week, we played (in more accurate order, but still not exactly right):
  1. Bumblebeez - Dr. Love (Crookers remix)
  2. Global Deejays - Sound of San Francisco
  3. Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice?
  4. Water Bears - Repent
  5. Cut Copy - Hearts on Fire (Polygon Palace remix)
  6. James Brown - Sex Machine
  7. Ratatat - Crips
  8. Louis Armstrong & Bing Crosby - Gone Fishin'
  9. Beatles - Hey Jude
  10. The Cure - Boys Don't Cry
  11. Flying Lotus - 1983
  12. Beirut - Elephant Gun
  13. WHY? - Rubber Traits
  14. Rusko - A1 Original Cut (I'm not sure if that's the actual name of the track, but that's the name it came with when I got it from someone's computer/downloaded it, can't recall)
  15. Don Rimini - Let Me Back Up (Crookers remix)
  16. Daft Punk - Technologic
Overall, they've gone over well and we've had a lot of people say they listened and enjoyed! :)

My hair is so weird and yellow. I can't tell if I hate it or like it. I usually change my hair by season; birds fly south for the winter, I go blonde. I want blue hair but it'll look terrible with my dress for Passing On's premiere in two weeks. After that, it'll be blue. This is the dress I'll be wearing + the style of hair (fingerwaves!)



Oh, and NOCTURNAL WONDERLAND IS TOMORROW.

No comments:

Post a Comment