Sunday, September 27, 2009

I said goddamn!

Read my last post, it's more important than this one. I didn't write it but I re-posted it because I think it's so important to be aware of what's constantly going on: yesterday, today, tomorrow. Our system is flawed, we all know it; the collective "we" cannot ignore this forever. [/rant]

I was fucking sore Sunday because Saturday night (5pm to 4am) was Nocturnal Wonderland. Heidi and I went with Bryan and Chad around 7ish and got in around 8:30 to see the end of Bart B More's set in the Big Top Tent. He had been someone we were looking forward to seeing, so it was nice that we saw the last 15-20 minutes of his set; it was a great way to start off the night. We then went to see Glitch Mob in the Upside Down Room and somehow managed to be in the very front row. It was incredibly fun; they were obviously having an awesome time which could be both seen and heard in their music. Afterward, we made our way to see Benga at the Queen's Garden area. That in itself was fantastic, but right after Benga came Skream. Perfect transition. I really loved the smaller (yet probably even more tightly packed) crowd that came with the dubstep stage. It felt much more solid and less full of creepers, grinders, and dickheads. Well, there were quite a few dickheads, actually, but that is to be expected when in a crowd that's seemingly 80% male, unlike most of the stages.

Anyways, we watched Skream for a while, then the boys really wanted to see Laidback Luke so we went back to the Big Top Tent. His set was fantastic from closer up and farther away. Around 1 AM, we went back to the dubstep stage for Rusko, who I'd been most excited to see over any artist there. I am pretty decent at navigating through crowds and we got to the front pretty easily. Seriously, one of the best, most intense musical experiences I've had. I absolutely loved it and felt incredible the entire time. He played "Jahova" towards the mid-beginning (the "brunchtime" of his set?) and everybody dropped all calmness. He played "Hammertime" and there was so much movement in the crowd that Heidi had to cling to me the entire time. Similar thing happened during the "Pro Nails" (Kid Sister) remix, but it was particularly awesome because all of us got so excited listening to that particular song in the car on the way there. Overall, insanely wonderful experience.

After seeing Rusko, we saw some Dirty South, then accidentally walked into the Labyrinth's stadium seating and sat up there from around 2:45 to 3ish or something during Ferry Corsten's 3 hour "Twice in a Blue Moon" set. It was amazing to watch thousands and thousands of people below; the lights on the trees reflected all the life down there. Fire eaters and gold-clad dancers lined the stage and beams of neon spat out from the sides. Beautiful to watch. The four of us hobbled back to the car with warm hearts and sleepy, dusty feet. Went to 711, bought a red slurpie, and felt much better. First things I did upon arriving home = wash hands, wash face, take a lukewarm shower, and put on pajamas. I heard bass in my head all night while falling asleep, it was fantastic. I drifted into slumber around 6 while the sun began rising and the damn parrots started squawking (but even that was beautiful).

Sunday, my entire body was aching. Heidi and I had not moved from our spots on the couches in the living room in, oh, 11+ hours. Every time one of us moved, we practically cried. My back and neck are ruined but fuck, it was so worth it. I am going to be this tired this whole week, too, I think. Goddamnit. Again, though: worth it.
Heidi and I in our weird/fun/heat-appropriate outfits in the parking lot before going in.

Us + Bryan and Chad in zeh car.

Glitch Mob killing it.

Trees!

RUSKO.

Heidi and I nearly passing out by the end.

Our ravaged feetsies (Chad, me, Heidi, Bryan)

Ferry Corsten playing for 3 hours on the main stage.
The amount of people in this picture > Chapman University, f'real.

It totally is like Disneyland for e-tards. There were fireworks alllll night.

Sleeeepytime. I looked haggard afterward for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment