Friday, July 23, 2010

But if you wanna leave, take good care.

Yesterday, I had to say goodbye to my grandfather in Jersey who's extremely sick, and it sucked because I'm leaving for CA and won't be back until Christmas, and I don't know if today is the last time I'll see him. It just...blows my mind. And blows. I know it's my own fault for choosing to go to school as far away as possible (yet still be in the continental United States), for which I had my reasons, but one of the biggest downsides to that is, in the event of a family or other emergency, I can't just drive 2 hours or 6 hours or 10 hours home. I would have to pay $450 dollars to fly home, which would take at least a day of travel and lots of arrangements. It sucks and I feel so helpless.

After we drove 5.5 hours home to Syracuse, I decided to make myself feel better and went shopping with Manda--yeah yeah, retail therapy = lame but I really didn't feel like working out and I really needed new shorts. And rings...

My haul:


  • Beige shorts

  • Gray high-waisted skirt

  • 2-finger key ring, 5 colorful rings a pig connector ring (seriously cute)

  • Braided belt

  • This gorgeous "antique brooch curtain tie" (Gina you should totally get one!) for $5 that goes perfectly with the room scheme I'll be doing (Tiffany Blue + chocolate)

  • Long tank tops in black and in tan (each were $2.90, awesome!)

  • Lace back long-sleeved shirt - perfect for me! :)

  • Floral bandeau top ($2.80) which will most likely look absurd on my larger-than-this-bitch b00bz

  • Blue sweater

  • Red bodysuit ($3.50...ridiculous)
  • Silver falsies (79 cents, also ridiculous)
  • 75% off Victoria's Secret running hoodie (it was originally $40, woohoo!)

And just about all of it was on sale. I love this shit. I sort of wish I had the desire to be a stylist so I could just shop and shop and shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment