Tuesday, March 3, 2009

You've gone skinny all alone in New York City.

I went to bed at 6:30 this morning, slept until 3 pm, and now I can't sleep.

After filming was finished, there was a party at Nathan's and it was extremely fun. I drank quite a bit more than usual, though, and had a really good time. At about 5:30ish, I went with Nathan and Niels to Jack in the Box (I'd never been there) and then to the latter's house. About an hour later, Niels started driving me home, saw a cop car, and I got out and walked the rest of the way (which was literally like a block and a half and I was just too drunk to realize how close their house was to my dorm). Overall, it was a really good night but I had a pretty unfun hangover, which rarely happens for me, and I didn't go to my first two classes. I went to David's, slept a while and ate a sandwich, and then went to my 7-10pm class (Film Genre: the Western). It was a double-feature tonight so we watched a movie whose title I cannot remember and "Forty Guns." Barbara Steinwyck is so calmly beautiful usually...and then in "Forty Guns," she was so peculiar and awkward in her role. I could scarcely believe it was the same woman who had made me shiver while I watched "Double Indemnity."

I met Chris afterwards and we walked back to his place. We watched "All the Real Girls" which was really beautiful. Quick reasons on why I loved that movie so much (and actually was down for watching a third movie in one night):
-It has one of the most realistic couple-fight scenes I've ever seen. Seriously, that is exactly how most of my fights with someone I care very much about have been. Usually, in film, a person fixes a fight with "...BUT I LOVE YOU!" and the other character swoons and they kiss. In this one, she says "I love you!" and he basically just says, "What the fuck? Why the fuck would you say that now? You don't just fix things with 'I love you,'" and walks away.
-It's visually gorgeous. Not the people so much as everything around them.
-The music (and lack thereof) goes along perfectly with the film.
-The writing is perfect, as are the characters. In both the films I watched earlier, I honestly would not have cared if every character died (and multiple other people agreed, so I s'pose I'm not just an apathetic person), but with this film, I genuinely wanted everyone to be happy by the ending.
Basically, I loved the movie and am really glad he showed it to me. I want to see more David Gordon Green films; I believe Chris has others, so that's good. We talked for a while after that and then he brought me back around 1:30.

Now, I've been this close to sleeping for 3ish hours.

I think it possibly is my forgetfulness these past two weeks in regards to eating, but I feel like I've lost about 4-6 lbs. I would like to be between a size 6 or 8 by the time this semester's over. It's not that I don't like being a size 10 because I'm down and it's not like I honestly give a damn what the number on my tag is. It's that a size 6 or 8 would be about the right size for someone of my height who's a healthy weight to be, and a huge goal of mine is to improve my overall health because I'm sick of getting sick all of the time and my insomnia has been on my tail for years. In order to track this, I'm taking one picture every day of my figure (because actual weight numbers are unreliable).

I have a production meeting tonight. I'm stoked to be working on more senior thesis films.

Love,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment