Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Cunt machine."

So, yesterday I got a call from Jean at 10:30, right before my Writing About Film class, saying that they needed me to be on set in Anaheim at noon. Apparently Veronica, the other makeup artist, had to take her mother somewhere after her car was stolen in LA. It was a 12-hour, but still extremely fun, day. For the most part, a few other people, namely Kelly, Jean, Niels, Daniel, and I just taught each other dirty sign language and created vulgar sentences for hours. For the most part, all the sentences included "whore," "fuck," "cunt," "member," "ponies," or "abortion" in sign language. Extremely lol-worthy as well as productive!

I only had to do the two leads' makeup and it was an indoor scene so it was all nice and simple. Afterwards, I went in Niels' car to the Saloon because it was Matt's birthday party and that was extremely fun, though at first I was a bit upset because David left right before I got there. I danced some with Zak, Heidi, and Jessica and hung out a bit with Regina and Kelsey. It was a nice night and I saw quite a few people, but I was super exhausted, it was around 2 am at that point, and so Niels brought me home. I never really talked to him before except once at the Tiny House, I think, but he's a super nice person and a good writer. Daniel, who also enjoyed sign language, asked me to do makeup for his set in three weeks, and I'm totally stoked on it. The next two weekends, I'm going to be on Cameron Clark's set and those (I believe) are all at outside locations so they should be super fun.

After he dropped me off, I ended up getting a call from Regina. She and I hung out for a while, listened to music, etc., and it was really nice. After she left, around 3:30ish, even though it was super late I still was not wanting to sleep and I called Alex who came over and we stayed up until about 6 or so. It was really, really sweet.

Today, I was on the set (though, admittedly, not doing much today besides helping clean, powder occasionally, and set stuff up) for 10ish hours and it was another good time. Heidi was there today so she, Jessica, and I had some fun. Aaand we all continued with our sign language escapades, haha. Marie, who's wonderful at photography, always takes hundreds of great photos on sets and I can't wait to see the ones from the last few days, haha. The house being filmed in was gorgeous. Afterwards, I went over to the "Sad House" (their name, not mine) which I believe belongs to Trevor, Niels, Adam, and Colin, all of whom worked on the film today. I drank a little, listened/played some music, and then Trevor drove me back. I'm so sleepy because (a)I drank a bit (b)I've been so exhausted from never getting much rest and then doing shit all day.

Tomorrow, Veronica won't be there again so I'm makeup alone. It's a half day; call's at 3. I'm stoked and plan on sleeping in quite a dern bit. This has been a surprisingly good week given the circumstances.

Good things:
  • Worked (and working still) on Nathan's set
  • Met nice people
  • Got my picture taken by Chris/hung out with him a few times this week
  • Finished catching myself up in Writing About Film
  • Slept late today
  • Saw a lot of people at the Saloon
  • Walked Regina to the bus stop and we've had quite a few good conversations lately
  • Wrote a hell of a lot of poetry
  • Finally finished the Vagina Monologues so now I have my nights back, yay!

Bad things:
  • Felt sick yesterday/today afternoon
  • Argued with David
  • Felt sort of overwhelmed with the massive amount of things going on right now

So apparently, lots more good than bad. I think I need to get sleep now, goodnight!
Sam

2 comments: