Saturday, June 26, 2010

Dating is never perfect, but:

I was recently asked what my idea of the "perfect date" was. A perfect date is one that doesn't really exist because it doesn't feel like you're on a date; it feels like you were always supposed to be there and that you've known one another for decades already. Or maybe a perfect date is one where you're complete strangers and completely comfortable with remaining that way for as long as you both shall live. I've never dated a boy who took me on dates after we began seeing each other. Actually, that's incorrect; David used to take me on dates fairly frequently and they were always crazy/fantastic places like surprise theme parks or ghost towns in the desertt. But that is the exception; for the most part, I lean towards "unconventional dating" types, which generally are people who are entirely dating-conventional in regards to the age group they're in.

A perfect date, it regards to a person, is...
-Somebody who doesn't try to fight your demons (unless you ask them to help you); they embrace them, because they're part of you.
-Somebody who never comments on much I eat or don't eat.
-Somebody who takes my romantic efforts seriously rather than passively, somebody who remembers details. Perhaps a bit romantic, as well.
-A cheap drinker who has occasional bouts of non-cheap alcohol favoring.
-A person who doesn't usually care about how they dress but if we are to be on a date (whether it's on a lawn, on the beach, or in a restaurant), dresses slightly nicer than usual; somebody who does something to just make the other person smile.
-Talented; I can't say I've ever once been attracted to somebody who wasn't very talented. I've (somewhat unfortunately) overlooked poor qualities about a person purely because he was extremely good at what he did. Never gonna make that mistake again.
-Somebody who will play the cloud game with me.
-Somebody who holds hands in public but never grabs anything.
-Somebody who understands my baggage and drags around equally as much; maybe we'll free each other (but probably not; it's okay, though).
-Preferably somebody who is excellent at oral and isn't selfish about sex; I'm awesome and they should be, too.
-Likes to dance.
-Accepts compliments well.
-A heavy sleeper.
-A good lay. An even better cuddler.
-Not gay.*

Does romance die for you when the people that kept you romantic die from you?



*I only say "not gay" because I've dated briefly or longer-than-briefly at least four fellows who came out during or after seeing me.

1 comment:

  1. Dating is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

    ReplyDelete