Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Atlas In Love

I wrote a poem called "Atlas In Love" a few weeks ago. In my poetry class, we discussed how the sing-song quality of "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath creates a stark (in my opinion, at least) contrast with the content. I realized that that's exactly what the poem I wrote does; it consistently rhymes and has a distinct, clear rhythm. It's quick, simple, and has just four short stanzas. If you want to read it, let me know. It's in an awkward stage because I've read it so many times to myself to fix shit that it's starting to get on my nerves and I almost don't like it as much anymore. Meh, anyways...

I'm here with Heidi listening to Dillon/Eric's radio show in the basement. I'm attempting to work. That's kind of a lie; I'm more just eating muffins and doing this and buying plugs online. I have an addiction to looking at plugs, seriously. Frozen Fire...sigh. All I want is trans red with teal dichro or possibly orange on orange or lime on yellow. Ugh. So beautiful. But I told myself I won't buy any dichro or customs until after I make it to a half inch so that way I won't get antsy. I'm looking for some nice 00g glass to stretch with; my 0g ones are getting loose, which is insane because they've only been at 0g for about a month and a half/two months. I sleep without them sometimes and wear Kaos a lot to make sure they're not being weighed down, but they continue to self-stretch rapidly. Ah well. I'm hoping to get some Gorilla Glass black solids or some honey bulletholes. Sexy.

In other news:

Advice Dog always delivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment