Sunday, May 17, 2009

"Is New York sucking the soul out of him?"

At Chapman Coffee House. Life is pretty damn good right now despite finals and exhaustion and all that.

Thursday, Tim showed up with his friend Alex. They hitchhiked down here (seriously) because they were on tour and their van broke down in Redding, CA (up north). But Tim promised he'd see me and so they somehow got down here. Us, Greg, David, Heidi, and Greg's new housemate Mikey went to Nathan's and hung out there and drank for a while. Then we walked back at around 2 and Tim, Alex, and I passed out in my room.

Friday, we went and got food and then the two of them came with me to Julia's place because I was in her Visual Storytelling final project. We left around 7, got Chinese food with David, and then went to a movie with Heidi and him at about 10. We saw the remake of Last House On The Left which I will rant about briefly:
The remake is nearly completely different from the original. The original is much closer to an exploitation film than a horror, which is what the remake basically was. The original has different characters, an overall different emotion to the film, and the cinematography was insanely different. The music, particularly, is what makes the first one so uncomfortable but at the same time bearable. They took out quite a bit because it would never, ever be able to be produced today by a major company; things like the mother biting off one guy's dick and the forcible lesbian rape and etc. Instead, they replaced these with even more nudity (because that's more acceptable provided it's female full frontal) as well as "creative" gratuitous violence. Whereas the original, most of the people killed are shot or stabbed, a more likely happening (though, obviously, these are still terrible things), there is a considerable amount of people getting killed off in less "standard" ways. The acting sucked, the script was terrible...it was just an overall annoying film. But it was $1.75 at the dollar theater so whatevah.

Saturday, I woke up for set at 5 AM (a visual storytelling set that was a 12-hour day...seriously). Tim and Alex left a few hours after I did. I got back around 2ish, went to Bliss with Heidi and Anna, and then went back and napped for a while. Then, at about 7, Greg, Heidi, and I got 40s and drank a bit, then went to the Music Tech release party thing at Oliphant. It was super, SUPER fun and we all danced a hell of a lot. I particularly loved Justin, Eric, Andrew Swanson, Dillon, and this other fellow I've met once or twice's sets. They were all super good. Oh, and some girl named Miwa (I don't know if I spelled that right) was fucking amazing. We went to Tiny House after with Matt and it was an overall really good night.

Right now, I'm at Chapman Coffee House with Heidi and we're about to head over to Sad House (soon to be our Glad House!) for Niels' Norwegian Independence Day party. :) I'm stoked.

I need to do some essays and study a bit, but I did that two days ago for a while and I'll do more later tonight, as well as tomorrow post-makeup final.

Oh, and I think I lost 4-5 lbs. I've been walking a lot and eating less, and I feel pretty good. This means I'm about 130, I believe. I'm trying to care less and less; hopefully I can do that sooner rather than later.

Some guy just said the quote that I made the topic of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment