Thursday, May 28, 2009

Get Glad.

The sun comes up before I sleep every single day.

I keep planning for Glad House. I love planning and decorating; I had a shit ton of fun when I just arrived to Chapman because of decorating my room, making stuff, etc. It sounds so stupid but goddamnit, I stay up until 8 AM every fucking day; I need something to do.

I've decided that this summer, I'm going to make a few things for it because...I'm cheap and can't afford tons of new shit. I plan on making:
  • Patchwork curtains for my room
  • Patchwork pillowcases (also for my room)
  • Wood letters carved into the shape of an S, an H, a J, and an A for our first initials, then attach a hook onto each for either coats, purses, or keys. That way we can all keep organized, oui?
  • Paintings or large poster-sized photos. I've been meaning to paint for so long and I'd like to start and actually try despite being perpetually afraid of failing/making crap.
I also would like to find (preferably for cheap):
  • Record player
  • Queen-size bed mattress - I honestly would love to have a queen mattress + a queen frame, but I'm pretty sure the frames cost way too much so I'd rather just make a makeshift bed-raiser somewhere and put a queen mattress on top. I'm seriously so fucking sick of twin size mattresses; my back has never felt good in them and I'm a crazy-moving-sleeper, so I've fallen off many times.
  • Other paintings (whether they're done by friends or otherwise)
  • Wood plug box - preferably mahogany with a shiny finish, but I really shouldn't be too picky. I just need a nice little place to store my babies.
  • Lamps with colored glass
  • Wood desk
I already am using that mirror I found in the parking structure that somebody abandoned, so that's off the list of shit to buy. I'm probably just looking on Craigslist once I get there to buy a desk and shelves, but who knows? Perhaps I'll attempt to make some. I know I may seem incapable with most technology, but my grandfather's an amazing blacksmith and good at all other art, and I'm pretty sure he could teach anybody to do anything, so if I get his help, I might be able to make some myself. :)

Tuesday night, Ryan and Eddie picked me up and we went over to Ry's and hung out with Toby and Tom. Ry's grandpa died so shit sucks, and he asked me to make the cake for his aunt Jeani (who was especially asd) like the one I made last January (triple layer white cake with cream cheese frosting, blackberries and raspberries). We got ingredients at Wegmans and went back to his house. I started making the cake, then Manda and James came over and we all baked and Janice flipped out, per usual. Manda brought her delish giant cupcake tin and we tried to make that happen but the oven got angry and regurgitated it back at us, basically. :( We'll try again soon. Jeani deserves multiple cakes for being so awesome. The cake turned out like this:


Ryan and Manda during the baking process:


Tonight, we brought Jeani the cake. She really liked it, I'm so glad. :)


Then, Manda got out of work and we went to BVille Diner. I haven't been there in about a year, SO delicious. Ryan and his papa:



Also, a shot from the plane's window:

1 comment:

  1. you know, learning to draw and all that is a great way to pass hours. i remember when i would spend hourssss just practicing and trying to get better. and anyone can draw if they actually wanna learn!

    also, tie-dying is a really fun way to take up time. and you can go beyond shirts - my friend joann tie-dyed this big square piece of fabric and gave it to me as a wall hanging! :D

    ReplyDelete